Friday, June 5, 2015

Lunch and Dinner

As far back as I can remember there has been issue with what to call the last two meals of the day. My dad is a firm believer in "dinner" at noon and "supper" at 5:00 p.m., which is sort of silly because he rarely eats at those times. I'm more of a lunch and dinner kind of girl. Regardless of what you call it, it can ALWAYS be healthy AND delicious!

I pack my lunch and eat at the office almost every day of the week. I like to do this not only for the cost savings (hello?!?!). Today, like many days, I packed a salad. Instead of adding a meat, I chose black beans as an alternate protein. I may not always succeed but I try to provide myself with all of the nutrients I need each meal, and incorporate anything missing into my snacks.



This time of year is my favorite because of all the fresh produce. My parents are smart and generous and planted a garden and are sharing with me. I sometimes find myself with an overabundance and assortment of fresh goodies. Wednesday night I sliced up a yellow squash, an eggplant (not the big, fat ones but the long skinny variety...much better!), an onion sauteed them in a pan. At the end I added a handful of fresh spinach until it wilted. I took a whole wheat tortilla, a slice of provolone cheese, added my veggies, returned the pan to heat all the way through and melt the cheese and voila, veggie quesadilla!

Super fast and easy, and fully adjustable to your taste or produce available. And yes, I do believe there is no good way to photograph refried beans...occupational hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment